Indian vegetarian recipes are not only for Indian people. The rich ingredients of the recipes including rich flavors make all people love Indian recipes. In America, Europe, Asia and others love Indian foods. For you who are vegetarian, you don’t need to worry to get delicious vegetarian Indian food recipes. There are many Indian recipes with great taste you must try. It is like the two following recipes. These recipes are easy but the taste is so amazing. They are easy to make. So, don’t worry about your short time.
Indian Vegetarian Recipes with Popular Spicy Food
First recipe from the popular Indian vegetarian recipes is called with Aloo Phujia. This recipe is very popular. For those who have been familiar with this recipe, they make it again and again for all years as this is good for all seasons in all years. This is one of the spicy Indian vegetarian recipes you can make in ease. This recipe has spicy potatoes, onions and tomatoes. It is even said as the super spicy recipe. You can reduce the level of the spiciness. It only takes 30 minutes to cook. Preparation is 10 minutes and cooking is 20 minutes.
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 tsp of ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 pound of potatoes then it is peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- First, heat the oil in medium size skillet. Then add the onions until it gets lightly brown
- Second, stir in the salt, cumin turmeric and cayenne. Next, add the potatoes then cook them until 10 minutes. Stir them occasionally
- Third, add the tomatoes then cover the pan. Cook them until the potatoes are softer. It takes 10 minutes.
It is very easy right? This is one of the Indian vegetarian recipes that are easy to make even for beginners. You will love this recipe because of the nutrition. The amount per serving is 4. Per serving (4 total) contains 235 kcal calories or about 12%; 14.1 g fat or 22%, 25.7g carbs or 8%, 3.3 g protein or 7%; 0 mg cholesterol or 0% and 593 mg sodium or 24%. That is based on the 2,000 calorie diet. So, it can be one of the light dinner recipes vegetarian Indian. It is spicy, delicious and healthy.
Indian Vegetarian Recipes Exotic Indian Dish
Second recipe from the popular Indian vegetarian recipes is an exotic Indian dish. It is called with Vegetarian Korma. This recipe is very popular. It is easy to cook. It is also rich, mildly spiced, creamy and indeed extremely flavorful. You can serve it with naan and rice. This delicious recipe only takes 55 minutes. Preparation takes 25 minutes and cooking time is 30 minutes. It will be ready in just 55 minutes then. This is one of the quick Indian veg recipes for dinner.
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro for the garnish
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 red bell pepper then chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper then chopped
- 1 cup of frozen green peas
- 1 1/2 tbsp. of curry powder
- 2 tsp of salt
- 1 (about 4 ounce) can of tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp. of ground unsalted cashews
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper then it is seeded and sliced
- 4 carrots then cubed
- 2 potatoes then cubed
- 4 cloves garlic then minced
- 1 tsp of fresh ginger root then minced
- 1 small onion then diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp. of vegetable oil
- First, take a skillet and heat the oil in medium heat. Then, stir in onion. Cook it until tender. Next, mix in garlic and ginger. Continue cooking for 1 minute
- Second, mix the potatoes, cashews, jalapeno, carrots, and the tomato sauce. Then, season it with curry powder and salt. Next, cook and stir for 10 minutes, or wait until the potatoes are tender
- Third, stir in the peas, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and the cream carefully into the skillet. Then, reduce heat to the low level. Cover it and simmer for 10 minutes
- Fourth, garnish it with cilantro.
- It is ready to serve.
You may need to know the nutrition of this recipe. The amount per serving is 4 total. It contains 462 kcal calories or 23%, 31.1 g fat or 48%, 41.3g carbs or 13%, 8.6 g protein or 17%, 82 mg cholesterol or 27% and 1434 mg sodium or 57%. That is based on the 2,000 calorie diet. So, how these Indian vegetarian recipes are for you?